My private practice provides quality, personalized services to my clients across the spectrum of accounting needs. I am adept at translating accounting information for non-business people, as well as being able to speak the language with those in the business world, including the non-profit sector, where I have more than thirty years of experience.
West Virginia University
Bachelor of Social Work 1976, Cum Laude
Associate Degree in Business Administration, Concentration Accounting, 1980
GPA – 3.875
Cleveland State University
Coursework in Accounting and Business, 2002-2007
GPA – 4.0
Ann M Randall CPA, LLC
2008 – present
Providing bookkeeping, tax and accounting services to churches and other non-profits
Fairmount Presbyterian Church
- Responsible for handling all of church’s finances including routine bookkeeping such as accounts payable, depositing receipts, payroll, monthly financial reports, and preparing for annual audit. Prepared budgets for $1.2 million organization, handled fifty restricted accounts and produced several internal reports for activities within the church.
- Was able to identify several cost-saving measures such as switching vendors for telephone service and payroll processor, detailed all the history and restrictions on the temporarily restricted accounts; moved the employees to a lower cost health insurance plan with no reduction in benefits to employees.
- Served as Interim Church Administrator during an extended medical absence.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of organization including accounts payable, receipts, internally produced payroll, monthly reports on QuickBooks and audit. Did grant reporting. Applied for and received AmeriCorps VISTA grant; was trained as an AmeriCorps VISTA supervisor.
- Facilitated upgrade of new accounting software and interface with GiftPro Software.
Gulf Coast Family Service
- Responsible for accounts payable, purchasing, property management, monthly financial statements, helped prepare audit.
- Did trouble shooting and was employee liaison for the Financial Services Director, trained new employees in the fiscal department, coordinated new computer software, revised employee manual.
Charleston Savings and Loan
Mail teller, customer service, trainer. Developed and implemented a training program for all new savings employees, did new employee orientations.
St. Albans Advertiser
Handled all day to day responsibilities of a small-town weekly newspaper including personnel decisions, accounting, newspaper layout, marketing.
West Virginia Department of Health
Intake, referrals for health clinic. Maintained a resource library for our clinics. Developed and implemented a prepared childbirth class.
PTA volunteer, South Euclid-Lyndhurst School District
Active in a variety of leadership roles including Volunteer Coordinator, Treasurer and President. Served twice as Treasurer for Concerned Citizens for South Euclid-Lyndhurst Schools levy campaign.
President, Lowden Elementary PTA
Increased parent involvement 400%, increased minority involvement on PTA board from 3% to 60%, unit received Ohio PTA Outstanding Unit Award.
Project Coordinator InterAct Cleveland SHARE
Helped introduce SHARE food co-op to Cuyahoga County. Did outreach and marketing, handled monthly deposits, coordinated twelve outreach sites with InterAct Cleveland and SHARE’s regional warehouse in Akron.